In this mobile home, water was about 2′ to 2 1/2′ up the walls. So what do you do? You need to take a step back and start calculating what it will take to get this mobile home back to safe living conditions. Most will conclude that it’s a total loss and it’s not worth continuing. I’m going to walk you through step-by-step what needs to be done so you can apply this logic to your situation so you can make an educated decision.
The obvious step is removing all of the sopping wet carpet, drywall, and insulation. For proper mold remediation, the drywall and insulation is supposed to be removed 3′ higher than where you can see the mold or know it was wet. If water was up the walls, you’re looking at removing all of the drywall and insulation on the walls throughout. All of the water damaged cabinets need to be removed in the kitchen and bathrooms. If the water level reached the electrical components of the appliances, they are damaged and need to go. Any wet wiring, outlets, switches, etc…will need to be ripped out and replaced by a licensed Electrician.
You have 48 hours before mold starts to grow. If you can’t dry the mobile home out within that time frame, then mold starts to flourish. It will start to smell, mold spores will develop on every surface, and the only way to do things right is to have a Mold Remediation Contractor come in and remediate.